Bring people, organizations, and resources together to improve community well-being.
In 2008, United Way World Wide initiated a 10-year program designed to achieve the following goals by 2018:
- Improve education, and cut the number of high school dropouts — 1.2 million students, every year — in half.
- Help people achieve financial stability, and get 1.9 million working families — half the number of lower-income families who are financially unstable — on the road to economic independence.
- Promote healthy lives, and increase by one-third the number of youth and adults who are healthy and avoid risky behaviors.
These goals are ambitious, but with your help, and by utilizing our core strengths — a national network, committed partners and public engagement capacity — we can achieve them.
Our Core Values
- Focusing community resources to meet community needs.
- Provide local employers, employees, and other donors a cost-effective system with which to effectively address Marquette County health and human services needs through charitable gifts of money, time, and goods.
- Provide opportunities for personal participation in raising and distributing contributions to organizations that are tax exempt under federal law.
- Distribute funds given through the community investment process to member eligible agencies which provides priority services to county citizens.
- Forward donor designated funds to legally tax exempt organizations as directed by donors.
- Provide referrals to individuals requesting assistance to the appropriate agencies.
- Encourage sound management within member agencies.
- Encourage efficiency, cooperative planning and coordination among all organizations serving the county.